2014 was a banner year for Wilmington. Brand new restaurants and storefronts moved in downtown alongside brand new luxury apartment communities. A bridge was rebuilt. A new ice skating rink opened up along the waterfront. Ribbons were cut in honor of the new library. Cakes were baked to celebrate community bonds. The president dropped by for a sandwich. All in all, one might say it was a tough year to top. Flashing forward, however, the future looks equally or possibly even more satisfying than the past. Here’s a look ahead at downtown Wilmington, De and what’s on the calendar for Live, Work, Play this 2015.
2015: New Entertainment Hits Home
Country music fans everywhere can expect to head over to the Diamond State if they want to witness the revolution of country in the upcoming calendar year. Why? Well, the riveting annual Firefly Music Festival comes with a twist this time around in the form of a five star country music lineup. Legendary country crooners Blake Shelton, Loretta Lynn, Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert all plan to set the scene at the Dover International Speedway as the three day long festival reaches epic proportions. Other noteworthy 2015 entertainment exclusives said to be touching down in or near Wilmington, De this year include:
- SkyZone (yet another trampoline park tentatively scheduled to open in 2015)
- Cinemark Christina ( A monument of extreme digital projection in the form of a wall to wall, floor to ceiling movie screen opening in a brand new theatre at the Christiana Mall this year)
- The Lightning Thief Onstage at DuPont Theatre (the Lightning Thief is a brand new theatrical piece based on the best selling series by Rick Riordan)
2015: New Trails for Business Travelers, Residents and Vacationers Alike
The rebuilding of Delaware’s infrastructure began with one bridge but has since expanded at least tenfold. Delaware (particularly Wilmington, De) intends to branch out even further, blazing new trails in all of the following ways:
- Expanding upon bike paths to provide multiple transit and fitness options for Delawareans
- Elongating the Delaware Beer, Wine and Spirits Trail
- Exploring innovative transit alternatives (residents should anticipate the introduction of ride sharing services like Uber in the very near future)
Cheers to the Future of the Nation’s First State
Brand new eateries, attractions and events are popping up all the time near your home at the Residences. Stay in the know by getting in touch with us at Live, Work, Play to learn more about the ever growing, already exciting 2015 calendar.