The health of our residents and staff is paramount, and ResideBPG is taking necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all within our communities.
We are closely monitoring the situation and have created an internal task force to address the planning, preparation, communication, and action regarding COVID-19 prevention. We will continue to communicate up-to-date information and best practices from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) when applicable.
It is important to remember that you live in close proximity to others and that protecting your health is also helping protect your neighbor’s health. If have any questions or concerns about the information below, please contact your healthcare provider directly.
What is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are common in people and many different species of animals. COVID-19 is a specific, novel virus that was detected in December 2019 in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China.
How does COVID-19 spread?
Coronavirus is thought to spread similarly to the flu by:
- Droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes
- Close person-to-person contact
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.*
- Shortness of breath
*It is important to note that if you have not recently traveled to an area where COVID‐19 is widespread or been in close contact with someone who is known to be infected, your chances of contracting COVID‐19 are currently low.
What can I do to limit my risk of COVID-19?
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends the following actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick or have been exposed to the virus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick and seek medical treatment.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Click here to visit the CDC website for more information.
What is ResideBPG doing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Our staff and cleaning contractors are currently using antibacterial solutions to disinfect all common areas, and we have instructed them to pay close attention to high traffic areas like elevators, lobbies, etc.
Over the weekend, we will be providing antibacterial wipes and receptacles in your community’s lobby. We encourage residents to wipe down regularly used surfaces, such as elevator buttons and door handles, prior to use.
We are continuing to explore additional methods, according to recommendations of the CDC and WHO, to provide the most sanitary environments possible.
Recognize that ResideBPG and its associates are not healthcare professionals. The CDC and other qualified health officials should continue to be the primary source of current information and guidance. The information presented above comes directly from the CDC, but the content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.