Selecting the perfect home for you is no easy task, especially if this is your first apartment since college. Here are 5 tips to make the process a little easier.
- Picture your perfect lifestyle- Take some time to think about your ideal day. What would it look like? Would it include walking right down the street to your absolute favorite coffee shop, or is being close to nature important to you? If you could live in any type of environment, what would it be?
- Decide your priorities and make a list- What is most important to you in a home? Would you like a lot of natural light, or a big beautiful kitchen? Make a list of your “must haves” and “wants,” that way, when you are apartment shopping you can check off which communities meet most of your desires.
- Decide if amenities are important- Would you save a lot of money each month if your apartment community featured a gym? Do you imagine you will be entertaining quite a bit? Would it be beneficial to have a room you could rent out to have parties with lots of guests or perhaps a screening room?
- Remember location, location, location- Proximity to work, the grocery store and everyday conveniences can play a dramatic role on your life. Just imagine having to spend an hour each way driving to work…that could add up to 10 hours a week simply driving! By being close to where you need to be, you will have so much more free time.
- Follow your intuition- Only you know what is best for you when it comes to your home. Do not let family or friends sway you in one direction or another, your home is where your heart is, and it needs to feel right!
Ready to take the leap and make a decision? We are here to help! ResideBPG’s simple search tool will make finding a home easy-breezy!