BPG Real Estate Services, LLC., a rapidly growing company, knows that our success begins and ends with our people. Through the efforts of our associates and guided by our values, we transform the communities we serve, striving to exceed the expectations of our tenants, residents and clients. Formed in 1993, BPG is a privately-held, full-service real estate acquisition, development and management company with offices and properties in Washington DC, Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, PA, and Baltimore, MD.
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, ResideBPG was named a Finalist in the 2021 National Apartment Association (NAA) Best Places to Work awards, which recognize member organizations that foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and hard work. Further, the awards pay tribute to management companies and industry suppliers that have gone above and beyond to create safe and engaging work environments despite the challenges of the past year.
At BPG, giving our associates the BPG Experience is a top priority. Join us as a Residential Assistant Property Manager.
The Residential Assistant Property Manager’s responsibility is to assistant the residential Property Manager with administrative and leasing duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Property Manager in supervision of on-site staff toward achieving the financial and operational goals of the property.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely reporting/posting of rental and other income as well as weekly invoices using the company authorized accounting system.
- Ensure pre-bill function is accurate including but not limited to: verifying rental charges, reoccurring concessions, utility charges, and premium month-to-month lease assessment. Audits all pre-paid accounts weekly ensuring accuracy.
- Responsible for recording rent collections of all monies and sending to corporate collected to the bank within twenty-four (24) hours. Understand and execute no cash accepted policy.
- Assesses late fees in accordance with company policy; collects delinquent accounts; sends out delinquent/eviction notices; updates notes on delinquency report daily; files evictions with the approval of Property Manager; attempts to obtain zero delinquency and reduce bad debt.
- Compiles and sends final move out statements to former residents; processes former resident accounts to the entity utilized by the community; submits collection accounts timely.
- Complete all required weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports in a thorough and timely fashion.
- Responsible for seeking out new residents through outreach, direct marketing, cold calling, distributing literature and contacting various organizations within the community.
- Tour/show properties to prospective customers. Ensure follow up with all potential customers.
- Lease and pre-lease properties and complete all necessary legal paperwork.
- Work closely with the Property Manager to ensure properties are turned around quickly and ready for immediate leasing.
- Understand, interpret, and apply applicable Federal and State Housing Regulations.
- Must present a neat, professional and positive image at all times.
- Superior communication and organizational skills required.
- Assertive character traits with the ability to close sales.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours which will include evenings and weekends.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and be detail oriented with procedures and paperwork.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- High school diploma required.
- Real estate license is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred.
- At least one year of experience as an Assistant Property Manager required.
- Previous leasing experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, YARDI software experience required.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment; such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Occasional standing and walking required.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.