Wilmington-based developer, owner and management company The Buccini/Pollin Group, Inc. (BPG), sponsored The Taste of the Riverfront on September 14, 2013. The event featured complimentary food from restaurants on Wilmington’s Riverfront, entertainment from DJ Mazz, condo tours of The Residences at Justison Landing and Limo Tours of Downtown Wilmington. Bottled water was given away at the event courtesy of ShopRite, and donations were asked for The Sunday Breakfast Mission.
$186.01 was donated to The Sunday Breakfast mission and it couldn’t have happened at a better time. “There were just layoffs at this location, we could really use the money right now,” the front desk worker explained, “Every little bit helps.”
The Sunday Breakfast Mission does a lot for the community of Wilmington, Delaware. The mission provides the following services throughout the year:
• Shelter for more than 280 homeless men, women, and children nightly.
• Long-term substance abuse programming for 90 homeless and addicted men and women.
• Community meals for over 200 men, women, boys and girls nightly as well as food boxes for over two hundred needy families monthly, breakfasts for homeless men and lunch for program people.
• Free clothing and furniture with counseling for needy families through our Community Outreach.
• Great Thanksgiving Food Outreach providing over 1000 families annually with large food boxes, turkeys, pies, rolls, and access to other services.
• Back-to-School Rally for over 3000 providing encouragement, positive messages, and backpacks with school supplies annually.
• Career Education Center giving hundreds of individuals the opportunity to learn to read, graduate from high school, and plan a new work life.
• Thrift Store Ministry giving underprivileged families and individuals the opportunity to acquire desired materials unavailable otherwise because of cost.
• Vehicle Donation and Resale providing low-cost vehicles to low-income families.